2016-2017 Inter-Club Awards and Guidelines
October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017
The purpose of the interclub is to promote members of one club to interact with another club in fellowship and service. To encourage interclubbing and to recognize the Kiwanis clubs that actively participate, the following awards will be presented at the 2018 Mid-Year Conference. NOTE: All forms submitted require the club president and interclub chair to sign and furnish best contact information.
WILD HORSE INTERCLUB AWARD – This award will be presented to a Kiwanis Club in recognition of unusual accomplishment in inter-clubbing. One (1) KY-TN District Kiwanis Club will be selected for the award. (See form)
HARPER GATTON AWARD – Awarded to the club with the highest number of inter-club visits in each membership category (61 or more, 60-41, 40-21, and 20 or less). Awards will be presented to the first, second, and third place winners. NO FORM REQUIRED as winners will be determined by the timely reporting of the monthly report by the club secretary.
DON MILLS INTERCLUB SERVICE AWARD – Completely revised for 2016-2017. Awarded to the top three clubs in the KY-TN District based on documented hours of service and contribution to the success of another club's SERVICE PROJECT. Criteria to be considered but not limited to: Letter from Host Club, pictures, completion of the Don Mills form and testimonies from those participating and/or service recipient(s) (All forms on Interclub forms page)
K-T DISTRICT GOVERNOR’S INTER-CLUB EXCELLENCE AWARD – Awarded to all clubs meeting the stringent requirements established by the K-T District for interclubbing (All forms on interclub forms page)
Awarded to all clubs meeting the following criteria:
1. Complete 18 inter-clubs including extra credit as noted below.
2. Inter-club with every club in the home Division.
3. Inter-club with at least one sponsored youth organization (Circle K, Key, Builders, or K-Kids Clubs).
4. Participation by at least 25% of active club members (as of October 10) in at least one inter-club.
5. Present at least one program to the host club as part of an inter-club.
6. Make at least one inter-club outside of your division (may include inter-club at KT Mid-Year Conference or the Kiwanis International Convention).
To receive the K-T District Governor’s Inter-club Excellence Award, the club president and inter-club chairman must complete the Certification Form documenting the above criteria, and mail to: KY-TN District Office, 1035 Strader Drive, Suite 150, Lexington, KY 40505. The Certification Form must be postmarked by October 31, 2017.
An official inter-club occurs when a minimum of two (2) members from clubs with membership of 20 or less, a minimum of three (3) members from clubs with membership between 21 and 40, or a minimum of four (4) members from clubs with 41 or more visit another club for a scheduled meeting or other event. If less than the minimum number of club members are present for an inter-club, one of the following current officers, if present at the event, can be used to complete the inter-club: International Officer or Trustee, K-T District Governor, K-T District Secretary, K-T District Lt. Governor and K-T District Committee Chair. Only one substitute for a club member may be used at any event. The period covered for the awards is October 1, 2016, through September 30, 2017. Please note that the number of members required is based on membership totals as of October 10, 2016 per Kiwanis International.
Every K-T Kiwanis club is eligible for these awards and is entered with the timely submittal of online monthly club reports. Reports are due by the 10th of the following month. The interclubs are to be noted in the Inter-club section of the monthly reports.
Extra Inter-club credit will be provided for: (only one extra credit can be used per interclub for a mazimum of two credits)
1. An inter-club over 50 miles one way from the home club counts as a maximum of two
2. An inter-club of double the required minimum members or more counts a maximum of two
3. Special designated district occasions: Inter-clubs at Division Governor’s Visit, Mid-Year Conference, District Convention and International Convention count as a maximum of two.