2017-2018 Inter-Club Awards and Guidelines
October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018
The purpose of the interclub is to promote members of one club to interact with another club in fellowship and service. To encourage interclubbing and to recognize the Kiwanis clubs that actively participate, the following awards will be presented at the 2019 Mid-Year Conference. NOTE: All forms submitted require the club president and interclub chair to sign and furnish best contact information.
HARPER GATTON AWARD – Awarded to the club with the highest number of inter-club visits in each of the two membership categories (40 or more and 39 or less). Awards will be presented to the first, second, and third place winners. NO FORM REQUIRED as winners will be determined by the timely reporting of the monthly report by the club secretary.
K-T DISTRICT GOVERNOR’S INTER-CLUB EXCELLENCE AWARD – Awarded to all clubs meeting the stringent requirements established by the K-T District for interclubbing (All forms on interclub forms page)
Awarded to all clubs meeting the following criteria:
1. Complete 18 inter-clubs including extra credit as noted below.
2. Inter-club with every club in the home Division.
3. Inter-club with at least one sponsored youth organization (Circle K, Key, Builders, or K-Kids Clubs).
4. Participation by at least 25% of active club members (as of October 10) in at least one inter-club.
5. Present at least one program to the host club as part of an inter-club.
6. Make at least one inter-club outside of your division (may include inter-club at KT Mid-Year Conference or the Kiwanis International Convention).
To receive the K-T District Governor’s Inter-club Excellence Award, the club president and inter-club chairman must complete the Certification Form documenting the above criteria, and mail to: KY-TN District Office, P O Box 4327, Suite 220, Lexington, KY 40544. The Certification Form must be postmarked by October 31, 2018.
An official inter-club occurs when a minimum of two (2) members from clubs with membership of 39 or less or a minimum of four (4) members from clubs with 40 or more visit another club for a scheduled meeting or other event. If less than the minimum number of club members are present for an inter-club, one of the following current officers, if present at the event, can be used to complete the inter-club: International Officer or Trustee, K-T District Governor, K-T District Secretary or K-T District Lt. Governor . Only one substitute for a club member may be used at any event. The period covered for the awards is October 1, 2017, through September 30, 2018. Please note that the number of members required is based on membership totals as of October 10, 2017 per Kiwanis International.
Every K-T Kiwanis club is eligible for these awards and is entered with the timely submittal of online monthly club reports. Reports are due by the 10th of the following month. The interclubs are to be noted in the Inter-club section of the monthly reports.
Extra Inter-club credit will be provided for: (only one extra credit can be used per interclub for a mazimum of two credits)
1. An inter-club over 50 miles one way from the home club counts as a maximum of two
2. An inter-club of double the required minimum members or more counts a maximum of two
3. Special designated district occasions: Inter-clubs at Division Governor’s Visit, Mid-Year Conference, District Convention and International Convention count as a maximum of two.