The purpose of inter-clubs is to interact with other members of the Kiwanis family. To encourage inter-club activities and to recognize the Kiwanis clubs that actively participate, the following awards will be presented at the 2014 District Mid-Year Conference.
HARPER GATTON AWARD – Awarded to the club with the highest number of inter-club visits in each membership category (75 or more, 50-74, 26-49, and 25 or less). Patches will be presented to the first, second, and third place winners.
DON MILLS AWARD – Awarded to the club as best overall in inter-clubs regardless of club size. Patches will be awarded to first, second and third place winners.
K-T DISTRICT GOVERNOR’S INTER-CLUB EXCELLENCE AWARD – To publicly acknowledge those K-T District Clubs who have made the special effort to meet the stringent requirements established by the district.
Awarded to all clubs meeting the following criteria:
1. Complete 18 inter-clubs including extra credit as noted below.
2. Inter-club with every club in the home Division.
3. Inter-club with at least one sponsored youth organization (Circle K, Key, Builders, or K-Kids Clubs).
4. Participation by at least 25% of active club members (as of October 1) in at least one inter-club.
5. Present at least one program to the host club as part of an inter-club.
6. Make at least one inter-club outside of your division (may include interclub at KT Mid-Year Conference, District Convention or the Kiwanis International Convention).
To receive the K-T District Governor’s Inter-club Excellence Award, the club president and inter-club chairman must complete the Certification Form documenting the above criteria, and mail to: KY-TN District Office, 1035 Strader Drive, Suite 150-1, Lexington, KY 40505. The Certification Form must be postmarked by October 31, 2013.
An official inter-club occurs when a minimum of two (2) members from clubs with membership of 20 or less, a minimum of three (3) members from clubs with membership between 21 and 30, or a minimum of four (4) members from clubs with 31 or more visit another club for a scheduled meeting or other event. If less than the minimum number of club members are present for an inter-club, one of the following current officers, if present at the event, can be used to complete the inter-club: International Officer or Trustee, K-T District Governor, K-T District Secretary, K-T District Lt. Governor and K-T District Committee Chair. Only one substitute for a club member may be used at any event. The period covered for the awards is October 1, 2011, through September 30, 2012.
Every K-T Kiwanis club is eligible for these awards and is entered with the timely submittal of online monthly club reports. Reports are due by the 10th of the following month. The interclubs are to be noted in the Inter-club section of the monthly reports.
Extra Inter-club credit will be provided for:
1. An inter-club over 50 miles one way from the home club counts as a maximum of two
2. An inter-club of double the required minimum members or more counts a maximum of two
3. Special designated district occasions: Interclubs at Division Governor’s Visit, Mid-Year Conference, District Convention and International Convention count as a maximum of two.